- RSS Channel Showcase 5887411
- RSS Channel Showcase 8258355
- RSS Channel Showcase 5319114
- RSS Channel Showcase 5083136
Articles on this Page
- 05/13/14--10:06: _Windows Store now h...
- 05/20/14--02:00: _China bans the inst...
- 05/20/14--05:57: _Surface Pro 3′s acc...
- 05/27/14--13:27: _Google cuts off Chr...
- 05/31/14--16:00: _Feedback Loop: WWDC...
- 06/02/14--11:34: _Up close with ASUS’...
- 06/03/14--10:02: _Chrome goes 64-bit ...
- 06/24/14--03:00: _Xplore’s latest Win...
- 06/26/14--00:13: _Roku’s remote contr...
- 06/30/14--11:33: _Windows 9 will morp...
- 07/01/14--14:26: _Microsoft is testin...
- 07/30/14--08:29: _Google’s 64-bit Chr...
- 08/05/14--23:21: _Microsoft’s Surface...
- 08/06/14--11:59: _Internet Explorer w...
- 08/07/14--07:07: _Microsoft may ditch...
- 08/27/14--20:02: _Microsoft explains ...
- 09/18/14--19:28: _Notion Ink quietly ...
- 10/15/14--03:00: _Microsoft’s got ano...
- 10/22/14--14:12: _Xbox Music ditches ...
- 11/18/14--01:34: _HP’s Envy x2 detach...
- 05/20/14--02:00: China bans the installation of Windows 8 on government computers
- 05/27/14--13:27: Google cuts off Chrome extensions that don’t come from the Web Store
- 05/31/14--16:00: Feedback Loop: WWDC predictions, Dropcam Pro impressions and more!
- 06/02/14--11:34: Up close with ASUS’ quirky Windows laptop/Android phone hybrid
- 06/26/14--00:13: Roku’s remote control app comes to Windows Phones and tablets
- 06/30/14--11:33: Windows 9 will morph to fit the device it’s running on
- 07/01/14--14:26: Microsoft is testing a fix for Windows 8.1 upgrade woes
- 07/30/14--08:29: Google’s 64-bit Chrome browser for Windows is available in beta
- 08/05/14--23:21: Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 to hit 25 more countries as losses mount
- 08/07/14--07:07: Microsoft may ditch the Charms bar in its next big Windows update
- 08/27/14--20:02: Microsoft explains how it’s getting rid of fake Windows Store apps
- 09/18/14--19:28: Notion Ink quietly releases Cain, a 10.1-inch Windows 8 tablet
- 10/22/14--14:12: Xbox Music ditches free desktop streaming on December 1st
- 11/18/14--01:34: HP’s Envy x2 detachable PC returns with a new look and price
Although Windows 8.1's store has a healthy stock of apps, actually finding those apps has been a pain at times. Much of the store's interface has been hidden, and it hasn't always been clear where to go if you're just getting started. Starting today, it's considerably easier to get around: Microsoft is pushing out a […]
China believes that Windows 8 poses enough of a future security risk that it's banning government agencies from installing the operating system on any of its new computers. In a statement issued last week and picked up by China's official … Excerpted from:China bans the installation of Windows 8 on government computers
A professional tablet like the Surface Pro 3 deserves some equally high-end accessories, don't you think? Microsoft certainly thinks so, as it just introduced some add-ons built with demanding users in mind. To start, it has a new $130 Type Cover keyboard add-on with a much-improved trackpad — the new design has a 68 percent […]
A while back Google said that it would stop letting Windows users install Chrome extensions that didn't come directly from the Web Store. The company ended up delaying the plan, but there is no more fighting it. Today users of the stable channel of Chrome on Windows will no longer be able to install extensions […]
Ring in the weekend with the latest edition of Feedback Loop. Apple's WWDC kicks off on Monday and we try to predict what will be announced, share impressions of the Dropcam Pro, discuss the viability of DIY data storage, talk about our favorite task management apps and wonder where all the good Windows 8 apps […]
Computex hasn’t even officially started, and we’re already blown away by ASUS’ rather eccentric Transformer Book V from this morning. The name doesn’t tell the whole story; it’s actually a Windows 8.1 hybrid laptop that lets you dock an Android phone… Here is the original: Up close with ASUS’ quirky Windows laptop/Android phone hybrid
While many apps and operating systems made the jump to 64-bit code a while ago, Google's Chrome browser is still stuck in a 32-bit world and misses out on much of what newer computers can offer. Today, though, it's moving into the modern era: Google has released test versions of 64-bit Chrome for Windows 7 […]
Xplore Technologies makes tablets that are so rugged, just picking one up will cause your palms to go all hairy. Up until now, it's made chunky Windows tablets like the XC6, and slender, less powerful slates that are capable of running Android. The Xplore Bobcat wants to sit between the two ranges, offering the brawn […]
This is not a great day for developers of the various third-party Roku apps available at the Windows Store. It's an excellent day, however, for those who've been waiting on a free remote control app direct from the company itself. The app is compatible with Windows Phones as well touchscreen Windows 8 and RT tablets, […]
Still holding onto your trusty copy of Windows 7 with a steely kung-fu grip? Well partner, it looks like Microsoft's next operating system, codenamed “Threshold,” or, Windows 9 in the common tongue, is aimed right at you. The OS will apparently ship in three different flavors (desktop, tablet and mobile) and recognize the hardware its […]
There are many Windows 8 and RT users who want to upgrade to Windows 8.1 and RT 8.1, but can't; a glitch has kept a seemingly random batch of PCs from installing this latest revision through the Windows Store. Thankfully, relief is in sight. Microsoft tells SuperSite for Windows that it's testing a patch which […]
If you’ve wanted to try the 64-bit version of Chrome for Windows 7 and 8 but have been skittish about the flakiness of very early builds, your moment has come — Google has released a beta of its beefed-up browser. As with the Canary and developer… Continued here: Google’s 64-bit Chrome browser for Windows is […]
Go here to see the original: Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 to hit 25 more countries as losses mount
Internet Explorer will block old plugins that leave your PC open to attack
Go here to see the original: Microsoft may ditch the Charms bar in its next big Windows update
See the original post here: Microsoft explains how it’s getting rid of fake Windows Store apps
Originally posted here: Notion Ink quietly releases Cain, a 10.1-inch Windows 8 tablet
Image from Halo: Spartan Assault Apparently Halo’s top-down mobile version was successful enough to warrant a second go, as Microsoft’s planning a December launch for Halo: Spartan Strike. But what is Halo: Spartan Strike? It’s a direct sequel to… Read the original: Microsoft’s got another Halo game for 2014: ‘Halo: Spartan Strike’ headed to Windows […]
See the rest here: Xbox Music ditches free desktop streaming on December 1st
Read more from the original source: HP’s Envy x2 detachable PC returns with a new look and price